What is in our Toolbox?
Your membership with Canadian Au Pair Solutions will give you access to our Host Family Toolbox. In our Toolbox you will find everything you need to know about finding, interviewing and guiding your Au Pair to Canada.
We cover the following topics and more:
- How does a foreign Au Pair work legally in Canada?
- The Working Holiday Visa
- What if your Au Pair has a work permit but did not complete the medical clearance?
- Websites We’ve Used
- Tips for Creating Your Profile
- Communication with Your Potential Au Pairs
- Background Checks & More
- Criminal Record / Vulnerable Sector Checks
- Social Media Checks
- Understanding Education Around the Globe – What the heck are “A” Levels?
- The Interview Process
- Avoiding the “flaky” Au Pair
- Family References
- Prepare your Contract
- Room and Board
- EI and CPP
- Completing a ROE and Submitting T4s to CRA
- Taxable Income and Perks
- Vehicle Insurance and Licensing across Canada
- The Numbers Game – The Total Au Pair Cost to a Family
- Provincial Medical Plans
- Work Safe / Workers Compensation / Insurance
- The Employment Standards Act
- Averaging Agreements and Contracts
- You’ve hired an Au Pair…Now what?
- Upon her Arrival in Canada
- The First Few Days…
- The Importance of the Au Pair Handbook
- What to do when things go awry…
- Time to do it all over again! Choosing Your Next Au Pair
Tips and Suggestions
We have over 10 years of experience related to Au Pairs. Here you will find useful tips and suggestions not contained within our blog posts or on our public access pages.
We offer you numerous links to useful blogs, websites and Facebook pages that will help you AND your Au Pair navigate through the process of acquiring an appropriate Visa, becoming a host family, and living abroad. We also give you access to our “Members Only” blog posts that contain valuable information on payroll, T4’s and more…
Our Document Library contains a myriad of useful samples and examples related to contracts, letters, pay-stubs, interview questionnaires etc. We also have useful “How-to” guides for dealing with Revenue Canada. This is one of our most valuable resources. All our documents are copyright protected and for personal use only.